Fengli Xu 徐丰力
My research interests include computational social science, data science and urban science. My long-term research goal is to harness the power of increasingly available spatial temporal big data to advance the frontier of urban science and social science. My current research focuses on developing data-driven human behavior models in urban space, e.g., urban mobility and social interactions.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Sept. 2015 – Jan. 2020.
Tsinghua University, Department of Electronic Engineering.
Advisor: Prof. Yong Li
- Bachelor of Engineering, Sept. 2011 – July. 2015.
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Department of Electronic Engineering.
Grduated with highest honor.
- Mansueto Fellow & Postdoctoral Scholar (Aug. 2020 – Present)
Knowledge Lab, The Department of Sociology, The University of Chicago
Advised by Prof. James Evans
- Research Assistant (Aug. 2015 – Jan. 2020)
Data Science and Intelligence Lab, Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University
Advised by Prof. Yong Li
- Research Intern (Oct. 2018 – Jan. 2019)
Social Computing Group, Microsoft Research Asia
With Prof. Xing Xie
- Research Intern (Dec. 2016 – May 2017)
Data Analytics Team, Mobile Internet Group, Tecent Inc.
- Visiting Researcher (Jun. 2016 – Sep. 2016)
Computer Network Group, Institute of Computer Science, Georg-August-University of Goettingen
With Prof. Xiaoming Fu
Honors & Awards
- CCF PhD Doctoral Dissertation Award Nominee, 2020.
- Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of Tsinghua University, 2020.
- Outstanding PhD Graduate of Tsinghua University, 2020.
- MSRA Fellowship, 2018.
- Outstanding Oral Presentation Award in Tsinghua PhD Forum, 2017.
- ACM UBICOMP Honorable Mention Award, 2016.
- National Graduate Student Scholarship of China, 2016.
- Outstanding Graduate of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2015.
- National Undergraduate Student Scholarship of China, 2014.